We are looking for a Turbine Engine Test Technician to add to the Houston Service Center ’s Test Cell team on 2nd Shift. As a Test Technician you will be perform complete mechanical and operational acceptance tests, and associated troubleshooting of repaired Aeroderivative Gas Turbine engines. You will also be performing both pre and post-test activities such as full engine borescope testing, final engine quality inspections, and shipping for Oil and Gas and Power customers.
- Assist with Gate 2 processes (repair and kitting cycle) through liaison with technicians, production and planning team. Unpackage incoming shipments, assist with receiving aviation materials in site ERP, prepare outgoing packages for shipment, including creation of shipping labels with various shipping companies.
- Physically prep assets to ship and receive (i.e., direct material, indirect material, tooling, consumables). Verify that all incoming and outgoing parts/ materials/ components comply with local and GE Aviation quality system standards.
- Create order demand in SAP including creation/duplication of internal material demand with both internal and external sources. Use discretion on bulk ordering to decrease number of POs issued and number of packages to receive. Order consumables as well as execute indirect sourcing via SSS (i.e., shop and office supplies)
- Assist the Material fulfillment function including managing critical material reviews with external vendors and the GE MRO network. Work for quick resolution to support OWS site with strong sense of urgency. Put away and pull materials in alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Ensure parts are stored accordingly to prevent damage and contamination
- Visually examine materials and accompanying paperwork for defects and sort articles according to extent of defect. Accurately identify part
- numbers, serial numbers, and quantities and assure all match the accompanying paperwork. Practice effective inventory management strategy that assure site inventory levels are kept at lean levels which still support shop operations. Assist with regular cycle counts. Help manage inventory and participate in process improvements initiatives.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Availability to work flexible shift patterns as required, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability and willingness to support calls during off-hours when emergency situations arise. GE On Wing Support is a 24 / 7 / 365 operation.
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Warehouse, Logistics and/or Distribution Operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A