Website General Services Administration
As a Deputy Regional Commissioner, you will participate with the Regional Commissioner (RC) in the planning, directing, managing, and coordinating FAS programs and activities in the region and adhering to policy and overall program objectives in accordance with regional initiatives.
- Coordinates with the FAS Regional Administrator, Regional Counsel, and other offices, as required.
- As Deputy, participates with the Regional Commissioner for FAS in directing and coordinating the activities of regional FAS employees, through the supervision of Division/Center Directors, and the managers of subordinate Staff Elements.
- Directing, managing, and coordinating the following FAS programs and activities in the region: FAS Management and Program Support Division, Customer and Stakeholder Engagement Division, the National Marketing and Communication Division; the Assisted Acquisition Services Division, and the Contracting Division.
- Provides advice and consultation to regional FAS directors on priorities and/or project schedules to maintain or restore proper balance to their activities; resolves technical and administrative conflicts which may arise among principal organizational components.
- Planning, directing and coordinating programs and activities. Makes decisions and promotes work within the framework of agency policy and overall program objectives prescribed by the Regional Commissioner.
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
- Register with Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
- Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
Qualification & Experience:
- High level skill in planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and evaluating people, performance, and program requirements.
- Skill in oral communications to present sensitive recommendations to higher authority, to obtain compliance with policies from activities nationwide, to articulate positions/policy of vast technical complexity and to represent the agency on task forces.
- In depth knowledge of executive management principles and practices.
- Mastery level skill in applying a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, collaborate with others in order to facilitate work and to achieve high level goals and impact results.
- Expert knowledge of the occupational area of specialization, its governing laws, regulations, methodologies and/or policies to provide sound and authoritative technical guidance on all issues related to the assigned program.
- Demonstrated experience working with agency-wide organizations develop strategies, optimize organizational functions, people, technology and processes.
Company: General Services Administration (GSA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A