Website HCA Healthcare
Seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
- You will obtain CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from practice staff; seeks assistance from practice and Facility Coders as determined through practice and facility processes.
- You will obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- You will determine O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through Facility processes.
- Ensures all requirements for the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed equipment/instruments.
- You will obtain authorization notes from Facility and scans into medical record or practice management system.
- You will ensure scheduling packets are correct and timely.
- You will prepare documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
- High school degree preferred
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
- BLS may be required as per practice standard.
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A