Website HCA Healthcare
HCA Florida Capital Hospital is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
- Responsible for Autoclaves/Records maintenance to include Steam, Sterrad, washer/sterilizer and ultrasonic.
- Has necessary experience and training to oversee high level disinfection and sterilization following regulatory guidelines and will maintain current standards of practice.
- Patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Responsible for the daily operation of activities within the unit.
- Provides patient care equipment to requesting departments.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates customer service behavior
- Prepares surgical sets and instruments according to prescribed procedures.
- Clean and process contaminated scopes and instruments using high level disinfection according to regulatory requirements and departmental policies
- Prepares instrument, supplies, equipment for sterilization, storage/distribution.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the unit.
- Develop and prepare staff and self, educationally for change and improvement within the Department.
- Maintains and practices quality care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterilization technique, instruments and supplies needed for all surgical cases.
- Graduate from Surgical Technologist program preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English; able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to operate sterilizers and related equipment safely and efficiently; ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- 1 year SPD experience required
- High School graduate or GED required
- Previous Perioperative Services experience preferred
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, tray set-ups, sterilization techniques and basic SPD practices
- Certification in Sterile Processing preferred
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A