Website HCA Healthcare
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k, medical, dental,vision, or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct
- Place outbound calls to insurance companies, guarantors, patients, doctors’ offices and/or facilities and handle incoming calls as necessary utilizing proper customer service protocol.
- Process related correspondence from insurance companies and perform pertinent follow-up.
- Duties may vary by location
- Reconcile balances and payments between insurance companies and clients computer systems.
- Escalate issues to Team Lead or Manager as necessary
- Status account and document all work performed in the company and client computer systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assess accounts to determine the next appropriate course of action in line with company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment required
- Understanding of co-pay, co-insurance, primary and secondary payer in regards to medical insurance coverage, paper and electronic claims processing
- Ability to read and understand EOB statements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing
- Direct experience with Hospital and Physicians Insurance companies claims follow up highly preferred.
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A