Website HCA Healthcare
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k, medical, dental,vision, or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Status account and document all work performed in the company and client computer systems.
- Assess accounts to determine the next appropriate course of action in line with company policies and procedures.
- Process related correspondence from insurance companies and perform pertinent follow-up.
- Escalate issues to Team Lead or Manager as necessary
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct
- Place outbound calls to insurance companies, guarantors, patients, doctors’ offices and/or facilities and handle incoming calls as necessary utilizing proper customer service protocol.
- Reconcile balances and payments between insurance companies and clients computer systems.
- Duties may vary by location
- Direct experience with Hospital and Physicians Insurance companies claims follow up highly preferred.
- Understanding of co-pay, co-insurance, primary and secondary payer in regards to medical insurance coverage, paper and electronic claims processing
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read and understand EOB statements
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment required
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A