Website HCA Healthcare
As a Scheduler, you will be responsible for scheduling patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and entering in the scheduling or registration system; obtaining and entering accurate insurance information; answering incoming phone calls.
- You will be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in EMTALA
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience required.
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A