Website Houston Community College
HCC’s Corporate College: HCC is responsive to community needs and driving local economic development. A chief component of this is providing customized business/industry instruction with on-site workforce training. HCC’s Corporate College provides solutions that are high-quality, competitively priced and relevant. Classes can be scheduled during the day, at night or on the weekend; at the client’s worksite, online or at one of our world-class facilities.
- Assess training needs for clients in conjunction with Corporate College staff. Customize training content and format to fit client’s objectives.
- Provide instruction to clients in the areas of soft skills, such as leadership, supervisory skills, diversity, human resource issues, etc.
- Deliver training in 1 day to 3 day classroom formats, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction. Attend scheduled meetings with client and Corporate College as requested including Adjunct Faculty Orientation.
- Maintain accurate records, including class schedules, student rosters, 3-day attendance and grade rosters. Strict observance of these procedures is required for on-going consideration for other training assignments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a specialized area.
- Level 3 – Certifications in courses (Leadership, Customer Service, etc.) is preferred.
- Non-certified candidates must be willing to be trained / certified upon employment.
- Community college, university teaching, or corporate training experience is highly desired. Level 3 – Nine plus (9+) years of demonstrated, corporate training / subject-related industry/technical experience is required. Seven or more (7+) years of experience working in HCC, conducting corporate training preferred.
- Industry training, community college or university teaching experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in the discipline of management, human resources, curriculum development, etc.
- with the ability to encourage clients to use critical thinking and problem solving skills Knowledge of learning theory-motivational, perceptual, and emotional forces present in the learning process and the conditions which affect individual learning and change Knowledge of theories of leadership-alternative techniques and styles for guiding, motivation, and directing individuals under various situational conditions to achieve effective performance Knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge Ability to use current technology
Company: Houston Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A