Website Houston Community College
Provide soft skills training to corporate clients on an on-call basis. Deliver training based on client’s needs and objectives.
- Provide training and/or consulting to corporate clients as needed.
- Provide instruction to clients in the areas of soft skills, such as leadership, supervisory skills, diversity, human resource issues, etc.
- Customize training content and format to fit client’s objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Assess training needs for clients in conjunction with Corporate College staff.
- Attend scheduled meetings with client and Corporate College as requested including
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation.
- Deliver training in 1 day to 3 day classroom formats, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge
- Knowledge of theories of leadership-alternative techniques and styles for guiding, motivation, and directing individuals under various situational conditions to achieve effective performance
- Ability to contribute and present innovative ideas for new curricula and programs that combine traditional schedules with new demands from industry schedules
- Knowledge of learning theory-motivational, perceptual, and emotional forces present in the learning process and the conditions which affect individual learning and change
- Knowledge and experience in the discipline of management, human resources, curriculum development, etc. with the ability to encourage clients to use critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to use current technology
Company: Houston Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A