Website Houston Community College
Provide specialized expertise and knowledge in support of the college curriculum and programs. Lead the development and design of continuing education courses in support of the ongoing competency development and maintenance of credentials for healthcare professionals. Follow accepted higher education standards, college policies and procedures, and discipline specific accreditation/approval requirements. Teach students using avariety of effective methodologies and provide engagement and support activities that encourage student learning
- Oversee and assist students. Follow departmental curriculum and the use of approvedmaterials that are endorsed by the department.
- Turn inclass records (roll sheets, grade sheets and other records as required by thespecific program) by specified deadlines.
- Usedepartmental equipment responsibly and return department-issued textbooks andmaterial as request by Director.
- Maintainrequired class attendance and grades records.
- Consult withDirector about any unusual academic or discipline related issues in theclassroom.
- Teachassigned courses at the designated time and location(s), including theory andclinical skills. Instruction may includeclassroom, laboratory,
- web-based or field experience delivery methods.
- Lead thedevelopment and delivery of new curriculum as needed.
- Distributecertificates of completion to students and meet with individual students tomake appropriate recommendations for subsequent courses.
- Attendrequired pre-service and in-service meetings.
- Periodicallymeet with Director to review student evaluation forms and classroom observationforms.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum qualification requirements for education/certification are determined by discipline specificaccreditation/approval requirements for content being taught in a high demand specialized healthcare field (a photocopy of the transcript showing degreeconferred must accompany the application).
Company: Houston Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A