Website Houston Community College
Provide library reference services and instruction to HCC students, faculty, and staffand to the general public as needed; assist with development of the library’s print, media, and digital collections; serve on college and system-wide committees; assist withoverall Learning Resources operations; provide circulation assistance as needed; maybe required to teach a 1-hour credit Information Literacy course.
- Assume responsibility for collection development in assigned subject areas byevaluating collections and materials, serving as faculty liaison in assigned subjects, andrecommending new purchases and licenses for online resources.
- Participate with other departments to plan and conduct programs designed to assistfaculty, staff and students in the educational process.
- Develop, organize, and present formal and informal library use instruction for students,faculty and staff.
- Assist with the library’s Web 2.0 presence on Twitter, Facebook, and other socialnetworking sites; and their use as instructional tools.
- Provide reference services to HCC students, faculty, and staff, and to non-HCC patrons.Instruct faculty, staff, and students, in the use of library resources in all formats,including online/electronic databases and Internet resources.
- Participate in the creation of digital instructional materials, such as tutorials, researchguides and videos for use online and in the classroom.
- Work with campus and faculty personnel to develop a positive working relationship.
- Provide supervision, training and guidance to LRC personnel as needed.
- Teach one or more sections of the 1 hour LBRA course as neededHelp promote library awareness and use.
- EXPERIENCE Preferred two (2) years experience in a library in a public services capacity with a broad background in library skills to include library use instruction.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an A.L.A. accredited graduate program required. (Photocopy of transcript conferring degree must accompany the application.)
Company: Houston Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A