Website Florida Health
The position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the “School Health Screening Program” located within the DOH Collier. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision and participate in the transport, set-up and provision of school screenings which include vision, hearing, growth and development and scoliosis, along with the referral and follow-up for students that are referred for services. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with data collection and entry functions for the school health program as well as organization of school health screening records. This includes working with the Collier County Public Schools to access the student health records database system used at the time and ensuring the information submitted into the database is accurate and performed in a timely fashion (to be determined by the CHN).
- Conducts follow-up of referred students found to be presumptively positive for a health condition as indicated by the results of the screening program
- Functions as DOH-Collier liaison to assigned schools during the follow-up process
- Works with school staff to assure that parent contact is achieved and, barriers to access of care are identified or knowledge of care being provided is obtained
- Communicates referral resource information with school staff and student parents when necessary to achieve objectives
- Serves as the information custodian for all records for assigned schools. Ensures appropriate documentation is performed during all processes
- Participates in the transport, set-up, and provision of Vision, Hearing, Growth and Development and Scoliosis screenings to school aged children of Collier County
- Understands screening processes, procedures, and objectives set by the school health program
- Performs duties with minimum supervision, and identifies issues that arise in processes and brings them to the attention of the screening coordinator
- Exhibits proper procedure and expectations of screening staff for volunteers during screenings and acts as a role model for other staff, including volunteers
- Assists professional nursing staff with administrative and technical support duties associated with School Health or other DOH-Collier programs as requested
- Assist with Florida Kidcare activities such as outreach, projects, and making sure School Nurses have Kidcare applications
- Other related duties as assigned when deemed necessary by the CHN consultant and are in support of the DOH Mission and Vision; including assisting other areas such Immunizations, Healthy Start, Immokalee-based programs etc.
- Ability to use and understand the computer system including Microsoft Office, FSFN, Vital Statistics and other Department issued programs.
- Ability to type with a minimum of typographical errors. Ability to act independently of CPI’s absence to ensure proper casework flow.
Company: Florida Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Naples, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A