Website Henry Ford Health System
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Management Team, responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of assigned work areas, care of assigned equipment and economical and efficient use of all supplies. Responsible for performing a variety of custodial and nursing duties to maintain a sanitary and orderly condition of the multiple Henry Ford Health System locations.
- Enhances job related growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental/interdepartmental objectives and maintain good employee relations.
- Operates various floor machines to remove dirt from floors.
- Strips and refinish floor surfaces.
- Operates ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment (i.e., Xenex Robot).
- Sets up rooms, move furniture, remove medical non regulated and recycled waste.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit data per HIPPA regulations.
- Delivers and pick up tables and chairs for meetings and other hospital functions.
- Performs a variety of housekeeping duties such as cleaning walls, ceilings, floors and windows.
- Cleans after construction projects are completed and prepare for opening the area.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
- Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed in assigned areas for preparation of work order for the maintenance department. Notifies supervisor when supplies are low and need to be replenished and/or ordered.
- Changes and hang all drapes and cubicles.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Custodial experience preferred.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and/or squat a minimum of 50 pounds, able to stand and walk 90% of work period and able to walk stairs and negotiate uneven surfaces.
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Dearborn, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A