Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
As required by Executive Order 14043 and guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 22, 2021 and will be required to submit documentation of proof of vaccination.
- Ensuring that vessel traffic is properly informed, advised, or directed in order to reduce the probability of collisions, rammings, groundings, and ensuing environmental damage.
- Assisting in monitoring the progress of vessels, and informing, advising, or directing vessel operators in assigned areas.
- Employing computer and communications technology to provide critical information and guidance to a master, pilot, or person in charge of vessels.
- Working in a commercial transportation facility or terminal utilizing Federal, State, and municipal regulations governing the use of maritime vessels to perform duties.
- Assisting in promoting the safe and efficient movement of maritime traffic in assigned geographic areas.
- Maintaining a readiness posture to ensure traffic can be brought under positive control to avoid a catastrophic incident.
- This position may require a one-year probationary period.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Testing designated Position (TDP).
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least a GS-09 grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work. Specialized experience in maintaining, retailing, purchasing, or procurement of automotive, rail, air, bus, or other transportation equipment or services, or in the operation of a commercial transportation facility or terminal is qualifying. This experience must have demonstrated knowledge of fleet operations; familiarity with Federal, State, and municipal regulations governing the use of transportation vehicles; and the maintenance of inventories and cost computations.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A