Website U.S. House of Representatives
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
- The Wounded Warrior Program was established to create employment opportunities for veterans within the House of Representatives.
- These two-year fellowships provide veterans with experience and exposure to broaden career opportunities.
- Positions are available in congressional Member District Offices nationwide.
- Duties will vary depending upon the specific requirements of each Member Office.
- Said duties may include, but are not limited to: working as a constituent services representative helping local constituents resolve issues with federal agencies; serving as a liaison to local Veterans Service Organizations (VSO); attending local events and meetings on behalf of your Member of Congress; and performing legislative work. SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR EACH MEMBER OFFICE WILL BE DISCUSSED DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
- Honorably discharged;
- Released from active duty within the last five years;
- Pay grades at or below E-5 or O-3; 20% or greater service-connected disability rating
(Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement).
- Detail oriented; excellent organization skills; excellent communication skills; strong computer skills; ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition; ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling sensitive information; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma required.
- Some college level classes preferred but not required.
Company: U.S. House of Representatives
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A