Website U.S. House of Representatives
This position is limited to veterans desiring to serve a two-year paid Congressional Fellowship as part of the House of Representatives Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program. Selected Fellows will work directly for a Member of Congress as part of their office staff. Fellowships are located in Congressional District Offices around the country.
- Working as a constituent services representative helping local constituents resolve issues with federal agencies.
- Serving as a liaison to local Veterans Service Organizations (VSO).
- Attending local events and meetings on behalf of your Member of Congress.
- Performing legislative work.
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful candidate should have the ability to pay attention to detail, have strong organization skills
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of the legislative process is not required, but is a plus.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma required.
Company: U.S. House of Representatives
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A