Website George Bush Intercontinental Airport
The purpose of the Supply Chain Management/Specification Section is to process all formal requests for procurements for the Houston Airport System (HAS) and determine the best methodology for such procurements. The Section works with the Strategic Procurement Division to process City-wide, Interlocal and Cooperative purchasing agreements greater than $50,000.00. The Section also works with HAS business units to develop statements of work, specifications and related documents to advertise solicitations for new and renewal contracts. The Senior Procurement Specialist plans and directs the procurement of materials, services, professional services, construction, and concession contracts on a competitive basis. This position will oversee the creation of contract specifications and standards for the Houston Airport System. “Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.””
- Researches, writes, reviews, evaluates and approves complex bid proposals, contracts and specifications for the purchasing of complex, high-tech and capital equipment, materials and services.
- Researches vendors and evaluates their ability to provide and the availability of quality materials, equipment and services. Arranges for and administers tests of materials and equipment to ensure they meet specifications and standards.
- Establishes priorities, procurement timelines, and standards for procurement projects and contracts. Conducts pre-bid/pre-submittal/pre-proposal conferences/meetings and explains and interprets specifications and standards to vendors and department and City officials/stakeholders.
- Interfaces with vendors to achieve conflict resolution. Investigates claims where vendors fail to provide services or materials as specified and recommends action (i.e., penalty).
- Participates in long-range purchase planning and needs analysis to simplify and standardize service and commodity types and reduce costs.
- Makes or prepares oral and written presentations on recommendations for purchases requiring upper management and/or Council approval.
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for upper management.
- Assigns work, trains and provides guidance to buyers and support staff. May supervise and evaluate buyers and support staff.
- Confers with City engineering, operations, maintenance and other technical personnel to develop detailed and technical specifications.
- Researches and recommends type and quality of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Ensures bid invitations are distributed, published, and bid opening dates are advertised. Interprets, evaluates and reviews bids, contracts and proposals for content and conformance to specifications and for Minority/Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE) capabilities.
- Develops, interprets, reviews and recommends new or improved City and/or departmental procurement policies and procedures to ensure economy and efficiency of operation.
- Researches and keeps updated on industry standards, types, features and quality of products, suppliers and other information by reviewing catalogs, technical and industrial publications and other sources.
- The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
- Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements.
Company: George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A