Website George Bush Intercontinental Airport
The Badging Office for George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) provides friendly Customer Service while conducting badging operations and criminal history record checks authorizing use of the access control system to the working population of IAH. The purpose of the Security group at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), one of three airports that make up the Houston Airport System (HAS), is to use intelligence-led, risk-based operations to enhance airport security, reduce fear, and provide a safe environment to the traveling public. Airport Security staff-members monitor vendors, tenants, airline operators, Fixed Base Operators (FBO’s) and Commercial Business Operators (CBO’s), air cargo operators, and all HAS departments for compliance with Federal regulations as well as HAS Operating Instructions. The Airport Operations Assistant is the Airport Trusted Agent for the ID Badging office at Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). This position primarily processes Security Badge applicants for the issuance of airport access and identification media. This process helps to ensure the safety and security of employees and passengers throughout the airport. The Airport Operations Assistant properly verifies and provides badged employees with the necessary access to conduct business activities. This position provides daily customer service to all airport users working to achieve HAS Management goals of becoming a high performance organization.
- Review and update quality control reports.
- Perform duties relating to the complete scope of the badging life cycle.
- Assist applicants with SIDA and AOA driving training and testing.
- Contribute to the team effort by performing related duties as needed.
- Acts as a Trusted Agent as defined by the TSA.
- Coordinate with Customs and Boarder Protection for addition of CBP access seals.
- Perform and maintain reports on security activities, such as inspecting security alarm doors, monitoring the perimeter of terminal areas, monitoring radio
- communications and closed-circuit televisions and performing identification badging activities.
- Compile biometric information using fingerprint capture devices.
- Perform and maintain Pro watch when capturing biographic information.
- Verify passed background checks prior to them being issued ID media.
- Review and complete badging billing.
- Process applicants to include new, renewal, replacement, lost/stolen, and damaged badges.
- Monitor, verify, and update badges for appropriate access level for multi airports.
- Support operation activities, such as responding to routine customer questions and calls for assistance.
- The position routinely requires lifting of moderately heavy items, such as typewriters or records boxes (up to 40 pounds) and/or very long periods of walking on rough surfaces on a routine basis.
- There are routine discomforts from exposure to moderate of heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air conditions.
- The position may involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions. Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements.
Company: George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A