Website Houston Police Department
The Executive Director works under the direction of the Houston TranStar Executive Committee, comprising executives from the City of Houston, Harris County, the Texas Department of Transportation and the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County.
- Schedules and conducts multi-agency project coordination and management meetings.
- Coordinates building operations during activation of the Emergency Operations Center.
- Promotes policy changes that enable additional Center functionality by using new technology.
- Works with staff to identify, discuss, review and resolve conflicts and ensure smooth consortium operation.
- Administers special projects, as needed.
- Supervises and directs the activities of staff assigned to the office from collaborating agencies.
- Oversees facility management and improvements.
- At least three years in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Public Policy, Communications, Engineering or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Experience in facilities maintenance.
- Progressively responsible experience, preferably in transportation technology, public outreach, and project management.
- Experience in program coordination.
- Working knowledge of Emergency Management operations.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of Traffic Management Center operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Education and Skill Preferences:
- Experience in preparing budgets, managing expenditures, tracking costs and revenues.
Company: Houston Police Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A