Website Houston Police Department
Provides comprehensive acumen in the more complex research and analysis of criminal data received by Criminal Intelligence Analysts and case investigators to gather new information and/or to discover criminal relationships.
- Researches organized crime patterns and/or drug trafficking networks.
- Investigates more complex cases by compiling, aggregating, analyzing, researching and evaluating data and information from criminal investigations by comparing new and existing information, i.e. locate suspects/witnesses, provide financial, medical, vehicle, telephone, criminal records, and conducts gun traces, etc. Compiles and analyzes data to find the links between criminals and crimes, and the relationships between criminals and crime groups.
- Prepares, edits, and revises reports, special projects, and publications on criminal associations and crime patterns on organized crime, white-collar crime, and major conspiracies. Requests subpoenas to gather information on and/or to monitor suspects.
- Interfaces with outside intelligence agency counterparts and ensures current data is maintained regarding on-going criminal activities.
- Interprets, reviews and makes recommendations in the evaluation and design of workflow, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Will testify in court, as needed, regarding information gathered on investigations. May serve as a lead and train less skilled analysts.
- All duties and responsibilities may not be included in the above job description.
- Requires an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science, Statistics, or a field closely related to the position’s duties and responsibilities.
- Two years of experience as a Criminal Intelligence Analyst and four years of related experience in a law enforcement agency or in a position with verifiable professional analytical and practical skills. Advanced knowledge of intelligence business systems/databases and statistics.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Science, Statistics, or a field closely related to the position’s duties and responsibilities may be substituted for the Associate’s degree requirement and two years of the experience requirement.
Company: Houston Police Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A