Website Houston Police Department
Performs law enforcement services by receiving, processing and transmitting public safety information and criminal justice data for the agency using a computer-aided dispatch system, digital radio system, and other modes of communications to accomplish duties. Dispatches calls for service of reported incidents to police patrol units within Departmental time standards following policies and procedures.
- Constantly monitors all activities of field police units to help ensure unit availability and officer safety.
- Maintains a professional demeanor when coordinating with other dispatchers, divisions, citizens and/or other agencies as required.
- Demonstrates outstanding communication skills and record-keeping duties relative to law enforcement and emergency service/public safety applications.
- Responds to inquiries and/or provides information relative to service incidents; provides information to other dispatchers, Divisions, or Agencies in accordance with department and division policy. Able to multi-task duties and maintain a calm, professional demeanor while working under stressful situations. Employees may be required to work overtime.
- This position is considered an “Essential Employee” during times of severe weather or other emergency conditions for the continued operation of critical functions and for special emergency preparedness functions. Will perform all duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of customer service experiences or telecommunicator experience in an emergency communications facility are required.
- Must provide certification of successful completion of, or complete within one (1) year of employment a telecommunications-training program in compliance with the Texas Commission on Law and Enforcement (TCOLE) guidelines.
Company: Houston Police Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A