Website Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters
- Participate directly with criminal investigators and other law enforcement officers in active criminal investigations and applies advanced investigative techniques to gather evidence and intelligence that facilitates the prosecution of violations of criminal laws of the United States;
- Testify in court on surveillance and evidence collection operations and as an expert witness on electronic surveillance matters;
- Provide extensive expertise in the planning and execution of the electronic surveillance phase of major investigative and enforcement operations;
- Make covert court ordered entry onto/into the property (residence, business, vehicle etc.) of targets of criminal investigations to apply investigative electronic surveillance techniques and equipment to collect evidence;
- Time in Grade: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. Time in grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- You must be referred for selection prior to your 37th birthday (certain exclusions apply).
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Convictions: If selected for this job, you will be required to carry a firearm. Any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully possess a firearm or ammunition (Title 18, U.S.C. Section 922 (g)(9).
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge in the use, instruction, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and integration of the full range of electronic surveillance devices including but not limited to telephone, video, audio, tracking, Radio Frequency (RF) technologies and associated unique surveillance systems;
- Demonstrating good working knowledge of electronic surveillance equipment and techniques including such technologies as covert audio recording devices, covert body wire devices, telephony surveillance, covert tracking of targets, and covert video;
Company: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A