Website Illinois State Police
The Illinois State Police is seeking an energetic individual to fill an Accountant role with the Office of Finance. The ideal candidate will have experience with financial reports and expenditures. Also, this position works closely with grant applications and preparing budget projections. If you feel you meet these challenges with experience, please apply with ISP today!
- Maintains records in a manner that will meet the scrutiny of all federal and agency audits.
- Prepares budget projections for existing programs, as well as for proposed programs and grant applications.
- Determines cost of services provided to other state agencies and private sector commercial vendors and prepares billings and activity summary reports for submission to those entries.
- Prepares reports detailing expense for each vendor and prepare final billing statements or refund vouchers.
- Maintains an automated accounting system consisting of ledgers, sub-ledgers, reconciliation statements, billing processes, and assigns LEADS numbers to cases when needed.
- Monitors balances in all accounts and recommends or makes line item adjustments, as appropriate.
- Prefers elementary knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations relating to state or non-state accounting or auditing procedures.
- Prefers ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Prefers elementary knowledge of professional accounting and auditing theory, principles, methods and procedures.
- Prefers ability to evaluate accounting problems of moderate difficulty and to analyze and interpret less complex accounting records and reports.
- Prefers elementary knowledge of office methods, procedures, standard office accounting machines and equipment.
- Prefers ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data and to make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately, either manually or by machine.
- Prefers ability to perform detailed work involving the application of accounting theory to routine accounting or auditing problems.
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, with courses in business administration and accounting or four years of technical accounting experience.
Company: Illinois State Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A