Website Kansas City Southern
This position coordinates train operations and is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of all trains within an assigned territory of average scope, size, and volume. It ensures the safety of crews and meets operational and financial targets as outlined by the TSP (Transportation Service Plan) and associated KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Utilizes MCS (Management Control System) and computerized planning tools to create trip plans and make tactical adjustments to the TSP.
- Facilitates smooth transfers between territories.
- Leads the operational testing program by observing, documenting, and evaluating safe work practices per GCOR (General Code of Operating
- Rules), presenting results, and utilizing the elevation process, if necessary.
- Leads crew starts, crew size, and overtime in an efficient manner.
- Grows relationships and is an effective partner through strong daily communication with Mechanical, Engineering, Signaling, MLU
- (Management of Locomotive Utilization), NOC (Network Operations Center), and foreign line carriers.
- May serve as a first responder to critical incidents.
- Facilitates employee meetings and programs to emphasize safety and discuss safety risks.
- Investigates accidents and incidents, determines root cause, and resolves or escalates.
- Meets the tactical goals of the TSP (Transportation Service Plan) by managing equipment and staff, reporting results, and recommending solutions.
- Metrics may include equipment dwell, on-time train origination, right car/right train, work order compliance, customer performance reporting, and consistent accuracy.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, performance, and termination of staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant operations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supervisory experience.
- Previous Kansas City Southern experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Prior experience working with employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Railroad operations management experience.
Company: Kansas City Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Kansas City Southern
Application Deadline: N/A