Website Los Angeles Superior Court
Los Angeles Superior Court is the largest unified trial court in the United States. Its 580 judges and commissioners work in one of the 40 facilities within the Court’s 12 judicial districts and are supported by more than 4,500 full-time Court employees. The Court has an annual budget of more than $855 million. Located in Southern California, Los Angeles County is geographically one of the nation’s largest counties, covering 4,084 square miles and, with over 10,400,000 residents, is also one of its most populous counties.
- Principal Financial Analysts supervise a unit of professional and technical staff and are responsible for analyzing and making recommendations for the solution of highly complex financial, administrative and organizational problems.
- Incumbents conduct and carry out highly complex analyses and studies on a wide range of accounting, financial, budgetary and other organizational issues in support of the planning and execution of Court goals and objectives.
- Incumbents are expected to define and apply appropriate study methodologies, utilize sound analytical tools and techniques and apply accepted project planning and management practices on large-scale projects to ensure timely achievement of study goals and objectives.
- Assignments are generally given in terms of expected objectives to be accomplished and work is evaluated on the basis of results achieved.
- Demonstrated experience in a public agency.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written, with all levels of staff, including external departments and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of Court financial accounting and statutory requirements.
- Government accounting experience and experience using accounting systems.
- Knowledge and experience using Excel, SharePoint, SAP, Oracle, Access, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Visual Basic and/or any of the Court’s case management systems.
- Knowledge of Court and State financial and budget policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority assignments.
- Strong budgeting, financial reporting, and accounts reconciliation experience.
- Ability to multi-task and meet quotas and deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and precision.
- Experience with business process re-engineering.
Company: Los Angeles Superior Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A