Website Los Angeles Superior Court
Under general direction, plans, organizes, manages and participates in the work of staff engaged in developing, implementing and administering Court-wide financial programs or projects; provides administrative and staff support to executive and operations managers regarding highly complex or specialized financial operations.
- Plans, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned staff; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve unit mission, goals and performance measures; supervises, participates in developing, recommends and implements plans, policies, systems and procedures applicable to unit responsibilities.
- Provides leadership and works with staff to create a high performance, service-oriented work environment that supports the Court’s and unit’s mission, objectives and service expectations; provides leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote a positive employee relations environment.
- Manages assigned Court-wide financial programs or projects; develops and implements or recommends associated program policies and operating and administrative procedures; identifies and recommends solutions to program resource needs and requirements; analyzes alternative methods or processes to meet program and service delivery goals, including conducting cost benefit and resource requirement analyses; ensures program compliance with all applicable Court, County, State and Federal regulations.
- Serves as an expert financial program resource; provides training and technical assistance to Court staff; creates and interprets program policies and associated regulations; represents the Court in meetings with outside agencies regarding program issues.
- Develops and utilizes spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications required to carry out assigned studies, projects and reports.
- Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development; recommends merit increases and other rewards to recognize performance; recommends disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with the Court’s human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
- Leads complex administrative studies requiring knowledge of statistical analysis, systems and procedures analysis, management practices and operational policies within a complex legal environment.
- Identifies, analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations for the solution of problems to departmental functions or modifications to existing programs.
- Principles and practices of effective supervision.
- Court human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
- Principles, practices and methods of public agency budget development and management.
- Principles, practices and methods of program, administrative and organizational analysis.
- Principles, practices, laws and regulations governing public financing and funding alternatives for capital projects.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Principles and practices of public administration, including purchasing, contracting and maintenance of public records.
- Federal, state, court, and local laws, regulations and court decisions applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Court and State financial and budget policies, practices and procedures.
- Principles, practices, methods and techniques of financial analysis and forecasting, including statistical modeling techniques.
Principles, practices, tools and techniques of program/project planning and management.
Company: Los Angeles Superior Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A