Website Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- Performs business analysis in relation to complex information systems and business processes by applying foundational tools and methodologies ; adapting to changing demands; facilitating sessions with stakeholders for requirements discovery, problem investigation, and key group decisions; interpret and document stakeholder requests; and working with IT staff to help review and provide input for the design of the IT system from the business perspective and to resolve issues; developing quality requirements for a variety of contexts (e.g. solicitation documents, internal software development, business process re-engineering projects); and assisting in formulating recommended changes to business processes for optimization as well as documenting proposed changes in order to deliver consistent, effective, and quality business analysis.
- Participates in the preparation and planning of a business case for IT projects by explaining complex concepts so that these can be understood by a variety of stakeholders; performing gap analysis; assisting stakeholders in identifying business problems, needs, functional requirements, and specifications;
- Understanding stakeholders’ concerns and managing their expectations; and identifying potential benefits and metrics in order to establish realistic business objectives and expectations, as well as the scope of requirements with the full support of key stakeholders.
- Supports implementation of governance, processes, and tools required to successfully manage requirements for systems development and implementation (e.g., initial requirements capture, requirements change management, traceability to testing and delivered functionality) by collaborating with various functional teams; assisting in the development of templates; providing feedback to the governance team in order to promote consistency and uniformity.
- Participates in deployment of IT systems by assisting users in developing test cases, conducting testing, and documenting test results; assisting with organizing system training; and collaborating on IT project post-implementation review to evaluate the implemented system solution against business needs and benefits in order to ensure the deployed IT system is optimized for business use and realizes the anticipated benefits.
Business analysis is defined as understanding, documenting, and improving business processes and performing business process analysis in the context of IT systems. Common work products include business requirements specifications for IT systems, process diagrams, logical data models, and functional systems designs.
Systems analysis is defined as applying knowledge of technology and current systems in the use of functional requirements and process designs to produced detailed technical designs specifying how the requirements will be implemented in application systems.
Company: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A