Website Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- Makes rounds of in-patient areas and cells to observe and report condition of all inmate patients to designated registered nurse personnel.
- Obtains vital signs and information, observes visible signs of patient condition and reports these observations to the designated registered nurse.
- Obtains and documents computerized medical histories, observing patients for visible medical conditions or symptoms of disease.
- Assists physicians by preparing charts and obtaining specimens and/or results from Electrocardiogram (EKG), pulse oximetry, or blood sugar monitoring.
- Applies dressings; administers hand held nebulizer breathing treatment; administers medication including topical, oral, by injection and controlled drugs; and administers therapeutic measures.
- Performs medical/mental health screenings in the Inmate Reception Center under close supervision of the designated registered nurse.
- Reviews orders by medical or psychiatric providers to identify unaddressed medical or mental health issues and reports to the designated registered nurse.
- Issues passes and calls in inmate patients to be seen by medical providers and assists with examinations as needed.
- Observes and reports objective behavior of patients undergoing narcotic withdrawal, delirium tremens, or suffering from effects of mental illness to the designated registered nurse.
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Company: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A