Website Lexington Medical Center
Coordinates and performs all functions of an EKG Technician. Manages the operational functions of the EKG division (EKG, Holter Monitoring, and Treadmill Testing). Provides technical and professional leadership to the division and assures compliance with organizational and regulatory standards.
- Manages human resources for department to assure safe and efficient operations.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient populations: Infant (Birth to 1 year),
- Children (1year to 12 years), Adolescent (13 to 17 years), Adult (18 to 65 years), and Geriatric (over 65 years) patients.
- Performs time entry for payroll in department.
- Completes annual performance appraisals and schedules sessions to review with employees, sets goals, and determines action plans for improvement.
- Provides counseling and progressive discipline when performance problems are identified.
- Supports personnel in professional growth and development.
- Recommends and initiates personnel action for hiring, transfer, leave of absence, etc.
- Schedules all EKG personnel and insures adequate coverage of all shifts.
- Assures all EKG Services ordered are performed in accordance with departmental policy and procedure. Demonstrates expertise in all aspects of
- EKG (EKGs, Holter Monitoring/Scanning, Event Monitoring, Device Interrogation and Treadmill Testing). Performs direct patient care.
- Provides feedback to employees through observation of performance and interactions.
- Evaluates staff competencies to insure safe and effective patient care.
- Clarifies job performance expectations.
- Encourages staff involvement and participation in the implementation of system improvements.
- Orients all new employees.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 8 Years of experience performing EKG department procedures and 2 years of experience in EKG department where leadership and supervisory qualities have been demonstrated.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A