About the job
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality suggest using our boiler plate description language: arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where we don’t use this phrase of marketing ourselves – we use our purpose statement: ” we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 20992
PURPOSE: Product development, manufacturing, process and system improvement, sales support, and other activities related to the Additive Solutions business. Lead research and development efforts with specific focus on data acquisition and analysis for weld defect detection and prevention.
Job Description (duties And Responsibilities)
- Lead research and development with respect to data acquisition and analytics to identify, minimize and prevent common welding defects (e.g. gas porosity, lack of fusion, slag inclusions) associated with gas metal arc additive manufacturing (GMAAM).
- Assist in the development of new welding consumables, welding procedures, and material characterization to enable additive applications and to facilitate quality and performance improvements.
- Establish standards and methodologies for, and conduct evaluations of product performance; develop/refine test methods, as applicable, to support new and existing product evaluation.
- Apply engineering and scientific principles in the design and execution of development projects. Assignments are broad in scope, requiring originality and ingenuity within the specific field of specialization. Typically works as part of a cross-functional team on projects of larger scope and greater complexity.
- Maintains records of all work in process and documents interim/final results in the applicable format. These include Project Definitions, Milestone Plans, ES Reports, Technical Reports, Project Tracking Progress Reports and presentations at meetings/seminars.
- Typically, work with minimal direct supervision and appreciable latitude for independent action or decision while conferring with superiors as needed.
- May provide task oriented direction to Interns, Technicians, Technologists, and/or lower level Engineers in the execution of development projects.
- Operate, maintain and initiate design improvements to additive systems to facilitate increased performance, operability and to provide general production support.
- Support sales efforts providing assistance with customer inquiries and solutions.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Minimum four-year B.S. in Engineering, Welding, Metallurgy or Material Science .
- 5+ years of previous engineering experience.
- Experienced with data acquisition systems and processing high volume data.
- Labview experience is a plus.
- Possesses basic programming experience including sound fundamental awareness of programming techniques and concepts.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3B publicly traded company (NASDAQ:LECO) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 55 manufacturing locations in 18 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary
EOE, including disability/veterans