Website Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
We have an opening for a Business Development Associate to work under limited supervision to lead contract administration for technology transfer partnerships and commercialization activities. At the higher level, this position will also supervise a team of exempt contract specialists, and review, analyze and provide comments on proposed changes to DOE Orders and Policies. This position is in the Innovation and Partnerships Office. This opportunity is a mid to senior level.
- Lead contract administration and provide oversight of technology transfer partnerships and commercialization activities.
- Establish, communicate, implement, and manage policies, procedures, processes, and information management related to IPO’s licensing and CRADA activities.
- Lead and train a group of exempt employees who administer the processing of complex agreements from inception through post execution, interacting with Business Development Executives (BDEs) and all levels of internal and external contacts.
- LLNL/IPO primary POC for DOE/OSTI CRADA audits / responses and Final Reports – Manage CRADA Final Report process, OSTI submittals, and CRADA Final Reports that have met the protected release date and are ready for public release.
- Participate as a member of IPO Management Team and may participate in LLNL / Technology Transfer Working Group / DOE technology transfer related committees.
- Liaison with DOE/NNSA field office, NNSA/HQ officials, LLNL legal, LLNL Counterintelligence Program, and other institutional groups on technology transfer activities, agreements, metrics, and reporting.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Knowledge of technology transfer and its mechanisms.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, and ability to work under time constraints to meet short deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to skillfully interact with all levels of internal and external personnel to build effective business relationships and anticipate and develop new approaches to bringing precedent-setting deals to successful execution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- In depth knowledge of industrial research and development collaborations, with extensive knowledge of legal and contractual requirements. Experience with DOE regulatory requirements for partnership mechanisms, technology licensing, and intellectual property.
- Significant experience in leadership, team building, and relationship-building to successfully manage, sustain, and enhance a highly effective support team.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to independently and successfully resolve unique, broad-based, and highly complex problems; extensive experience using creative thinking, sound judgment, and decision-making skills.
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A