Website U.S. Department of Transportation
If your education was completed or is from foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program;
- Salary: Salary will be adjusted to locality of selected duty location.
- Selected participants are on an excepted service appointment under the Recent Graduates Program and required to serve a one year trial period, and will be evaluated for conversion to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service at the end of one year.
- Suitability: Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- PCS/Relocation/Recruitment: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection.
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Applicants must meet grade qualifications by start date.
- Selectee is required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
- Recent Graduates serve a trial period for the duration of their excepted service appointment.
- Recent Graduates will enter a formal training program with a mentor and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining training requirements and program expectations.
- Recent Graduates must receive at least 40 hours of formal training directly linked to their employment field.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for the Recent Graduate Program.
- Applicants must provide documentation of completion within the previous 2 years of a qualifying, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate,
- degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution*.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience developing information systems, reports, positions papers, test results, field operations and/or other relevant documents or activities in order to assist an organization in the development of positions on various subjects.
- At least 1 year of Graduate-level education (above a Bachelor’s); OR A Bachelor’s degree (Undergraduate) with Superior Academic Achievement*.
- Superior Academic Achievement is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.(In order to be creditable under this provision, superior academic achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled.)
- Experience supporting outreach programs; developing compliance packages, guidance documents, training and outreach materials, informational brochures and instruction manuals to assure compliance with regulations.
- Experience developing guidance documents, training and outreach materials, informational brochures, instruction, materials for manuals, technical bulletins, and/or needs assessments.
Company: U.S. Department of Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A