Website U.S. Department of Transportation
The U.S. Department of Transportation strives to ensure that equity, transparency, accountability, collaboration, and communication permeate all that we do for the betterment of the Department, the traveling public, and our nation. As such, DOT values a highly diverse workforce of persons who promote a culture of belonging by respecting the personal dignity and worth of each individual and fostering a positive environment where all feel safe and welcome. If these commitments coincide with your personal ideals and professional aspirations, please consider joining the DOT family.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
- Compliance Inspection: Ability to direct an enforcement program in order to determine probable violations, assess preliminary civil penalties, issue proposed compliance orders, issue corrective action order, act as a senior official at enforcement hearings, evaluate response material, recommend final enforcement actions and issue warning letters.
- Technical Competence: Skill in assuring that field actions comply with national policies, objectives, and regulations, as well as ensuring those regional programs are compatible with environmental, social, and economic goals and needs.
- General Engineering: Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and theories of engineering and their practical applications.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience conducting safety program reviews, engineering analyses, and evaluations of natural gas or hazardous liquid pipelines in accordance with safety regulations
- Experience providing technical determinations and resolutions of compliance issues arising from pipeline safety inspections.
- Experience reviewing design specifications for pipeline systems.
Company: U.S. Department of Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A