Website U.S. Department of Transportation
If selected, you will be required to provide information regarding your COVID-19 vaccination status for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
- TIME-IN-GRADE: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the competitive or excepted service in the executive branch to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- PCS/RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- General Engineer – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and theories of engineering and their practical applications.
- Compliance – Knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating, and monitoring programs or projects for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Safety Engineer – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, theories, and methods to identify, control, mitigate, and eliminate safety hazards in the design and use of facilities, equipment, operations, and work processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience participating in discussions and meetings relative to engineering assignments
- Experience assisting in the application of engineering principles, procedures, processes, regulations, and reference materials.
- Successful completion of a degree in engineering that:
- has at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET);
- that included differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics:
- statics, dynamics;
- Strength of materials;
- fluid mechanics, hydraulics;
Company: U.S. Department of Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A