Website U.S. Department of Transportation
Due to the Pandemic and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is determined by state and Federal officials that employees are allowed to report to the workplace where this position is located, on a regular basis.
- Serves as a Staff Support Specialist (MSS- I) at a Terminal facility.
- Responsible for tactical, strategic. and administrative support of multiple program areas such as training, quality control, quality assurance, traffic management, airspace and procedures. plans and programs, operational automation, military operations.
- special and security operations, safety management system, safety reporting and other areas of specialty identified collaboratively at the local level.
- The work requires a comprehensive knowledge of the ATC field and familiarization with the many integral components of the industry which comprise the National Airspace System. Specialists must have the ability to apply this knowledge to the analysis. evaluation and development of new methods, studies, approaches, and procedures. The Staff Support Specialist must be knowledgeable of agency wide programs, facility goals and objectives.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and tailor their message to the target audience. While not required, hardware/software experience is desirable. Some travel will be required.
- Performs daily functions of maintaining and or improving operational material and or resources within the assigned area(s) of specialty.
- Communicates intra/inter facility as well as among various lines of business and industry.
- Must have been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) at an ATS facility (Note: an employee who has been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility that is upgraded is considered to meet the qualification requirements of the upgraded position, since he or she has been performing the higher-graded work);
- Must have held a MSS position for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: U.S. Department of Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A