Website U.S. Department of Transportation
The Airway Transportation Systems Specialists at this level is recognized as the subject matter expert. An ATSS is tied to maintaining safe and efficient operating capacity of the vast and complex network of electronics systems that makeup the National Airspace System (NAS). They are also responsible for various auxiliary duties. This position will support multiple SSCs.
- Serves as an ATSS (SSC Coordinator) performing work of broad scope and complexity with a high degree of independence. Incumbent provides the highest organizational level of technical support associated with analyzing, designing, developing, installing, repairing, fabricating, maintaining, modifying, or evaluating the most complex systems for which the FAA is responsible.
- Incumbent is recognized as the technical expert on legacy and newly developed systems within a large facility or multiple facilities over a large geographical area. Work requires maintaining technical expertise on complex systems and/or emerging technology, systems interrelationships and management of the NAS.
- Responsibilities include the integration, restoration, testing and evaluation of new advanced service or service components, hardware/software systems and processes. Performs a variety of functions directly relating to the operation of the NAS.
- Focus is on availability and reliability of the services and products provided to the users of the NAS. Serves as the principal technical specialist, a project manager on the major projects and/or program areas, resolving unique technical problems without managerial intervention, providing coordination and suggesting solutions. Coordinates flight check with appropriate organizations.
- There is no timeframe requirement at the Level III/FV-H to compete. Candidates must show experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility that is appropriate to the position.
- Experience that demonstrates an extensive knowledge of and experience in technology system interrelationships, and management of civilian or military automated aviation, navigation, and electronics systems.
- Generally, experience at the next lower level Pay Band H/level III or FG/GS-12 or equivalent, meets the minimum qualifications for this position as long as the experience supports the demonstrated abilities identified below.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: U.S. Department of Transportation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A