Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Deputy Director of Communications will work with OCABR’s Director of Communications, in coordination with the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED), to implement communications strategy and messaging related to Administration priorities. The Deputy Director of Communications will collaborate with internal constituents within the Office of Consumer Affairs and its five agencies. The Deputy Director will also post messaging to OCABR’s social media accounts, as well as write copy for OCABR’s website pages.
- Draft materials for external audiences, including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, letters, event invitations, and brochure copy. Will have an active role in video and podcast research and production; and, will support consumer education events and promotion as needed.
- Coordinate with OCABR Director of Communications to implement the approved communications strategy plan to highlight OCABR priorities consumer education and outreach. Coordinate closely with EOHED, DOB, DOI, DPL, DOS, DTC, and other state agencies and secretariats as needed.
- Develop social media plan and post messaging; also write/update OCABR website copy so website remains current.
- Plan and manage logistics of public events, in-person and virtual.
- Supervise Manager of Community Outreach & Events, and Communications intern (co-op).
- Will serve as back-up for coordinating responses to public records requests and/or media inquiries when RAO and/or Director of Communications are unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the organization, goals, objectives, programs and consumer resources of the OCABR.
- Knowledge of state government.
- Basic knowledge of consumer affairs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing press releases, website content and social media posts.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and tight turn-arounds.
- Media relations experience, including crisis communications.
- Ability to translate new policies and procedures developed by the Administration into concise communications for the general public and other stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting research and preparing event briefs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and establish harmonious working relationships with those in other agencies across the Administration.
- Ability to compile data and information from a variety of sources to produce easy to comprehend content.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, social media platforms, and eMarketing platforms.
- Ability to understand, apply, and interpret the provisions of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing OCABR’s five agencies and their operations.
- Ability to write and develop ideas as well as give written and oral instructions, background ad statements in a precise, understandable manner.
- Skilled in problem-solving, consensus building, conflict resolution and team building.
Qualification & Experience:
- A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required (A) experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required (A) experience.
- A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required (A) experience.
- A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the required (A) experience.
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Manchester, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A