Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) is seeking dynamic, and mission-driven individuals to fill the critical role of Social Worker. Selected candidates will provide the necessary services to help children in need including homeless, foster, abused and neglected. In many situations, Social Worker’s interact with children and family members, including siblings, parents, extended relatives, and guardians in order to assess the needs of each child and determine the best course of action for improving the child/family environment.
- Develop, review, update and ensure implementation of strength-based service plans for each child in care or custody including risk assessment, safety plans and goals.
- Maintain ongoing communication with DCF staff and other constituencies, initiate court action when necessary.
- Attend weekly supervision, weekly staff meetings, in-service training, and team meetings.
- Empower families to make stable commitments to children by providing counseling and coordinating visits with biological parents and/or guardians and other relatives; develop a helping relationship and ensure needed supports and services are provided.
- Assess, evaluate, conduct initial and ongoing case management of children/family services, and needs.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with agency and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the community, with clients, schools, courts and with referring agencies seeking to build and sustain positive relationships.
- Attend home and foster care visits; transport children to health, social services or other agency-related appointments as required.
Applicants must have (A) a Bachelor’s degree or higher in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, counseling education or criminal justice or a relevant human services degree and (B) a current and valid Licensures as a Licensed Social Work Associate, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker issued by the Massachusetts Board of Registration*.
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Holyoke, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A