Website Massachusetts Port Authority
The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids / applications for the position of Port Officer Trainee (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 170) in the Maritime department. The Port Officer Trainee performs performs security work in connection with all assigned MPA operated facilities. Patrols assigned area to prevent crime and ensure safety of Massport facilities and works at assigned Massport facilities.
- Writes and files daily activity report with superior officer.
- Monitors all persons and vehicles entering and leaving all assigned Massport property.
- Stops all private vehicles at the gate house, verifies each person’s identity, completes log-in procedures, and follows specific facility control procedures during all hours.
- Documents and verifies information according to Massport and departmental policies and procedures in the log book, the vehicle and equipment check list, the hourly log, the vehicle control sheet, and any other reports, documents and paperwork as required.
- Monitors vessel docks and checks all berth areas and vessels at berth.
- Will safeguard all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) in accordance with 49 CFR Parts 15 and 1520 and supporting Massport policies and procedures.
- Ability to become a special state police officer of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as required by the Massachusetts State Police Certification Unit.
- Ability to attend and successfully complete the firearms training program.
- Ability to obtain a Massachusetts License to carry a firearm.
- Ability to qualify with firearm annually.
- Ability to become 1st responder qualified.
- Ability to obtain a CPR certificate and qualify annually.
- Ability to work at all assigned Massport properties.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills required.
Company: Massachusetts Port Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A