Website Marine Corps Community Services
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively.
- The Accounting Technician performs a variety of clerical duties pertaining to the preparation and maintenance of journals, subsidiary ledgers (AP, AR, Payroll, or GL), schedules and recapitulations reflecting various accounting transactions.
- Receives, analyzes, processes and classifies accounting documents.
- Reviews documents for validity, budget and expenditure limitation, completeness and correctness of accounting data.
- Accurately records data into an automated accounting system Reconciles subsidiary accounts with the general ledger using double entry accounting procedures.
- Maintains required records and ledgers, prepares month-end accounting documents and financial reports, etc.
- A minimum of one year of experience, which demonstrates proficiency in accounting clerical methods and techniques, applicable to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to acquire and apply a knowledge of the principles, policies and operating details of the accounting system and knowledge of accounting procedures and general accounting office operation.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures relating to the processing and recording of transactions and accounting information.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, is desired.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Three years’ experience that demonstrates knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and relevant work experience;
- An appropriate combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge and skill equivalent to that gained in the above; ability to acquire and apply a knowledge of the principles, policies and operating details of the accounting system;
- Knowledge of procedures necessary to verify and determine problem areas or irregularities and recommend solutions; and specific knowledge of accounting procedures and general accounting office operation.
- May be eligible for incremental telework work depending on the business needs of the employing organization.
Company: Marine Corps Community Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A