Website Marine Corps Community Services
Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, GINA, political affiliation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, marital status, physical handicap which has no bearing on the ability to perform the duties of the position. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency.
- Maintains control and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years. Assists in providing and leading planned activities for program participants.
- May be assigned to any Family Care work facility on a temporary or permanent basis as needed. May work a fluctuating work schedule to complete the mission outside of the typical work hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Helps create adult-made games and play materials (mixing paint and play dough and assembling props for dramatic plays, activities, etc.).
- Interacts with participants using appropriate approved guidance and development techniques as provided by supervisors and Training and Curriculum Specialists.
- Helps establish a program environment that promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults. Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules.
- Supervises participants during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities and on field trips, outings, and special events. Promotes and models safety, fitness, health, and nutrition practices.
- Assists in maintaining program participation data and completing required daily reports.
- Provides care and supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD Component, and local installation policies, guidance, and standards.
- Be able to lift and carry children and objects up to 45lbs independently and over 45lbs with assistance.
- Activities may require incumbent to drive an automobile (to include driving a government vehicle while transporting children).
- May be required to obtain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and/or a government driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to read and write English, follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with children or youth preferred.
- No experience required! However, you must be 18 years old and have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent. Review the How to Apply section to upload required documents.
Company: Marine Corps Community Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Jacksonville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A