Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
To assist in the sales process in order to become familiar with the procedures, products, customers, and their needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Representatives to establish and maintain close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by being involved to the appropriate degree in the following:
- Identifying potential customers.
- Meeting regularly with current and potential clients to present and sell Merit products and to explain their benefits.
- Making in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use.
- Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products and that their needs are understood and met.
- Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
- Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products. Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
- Coordinates with other Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
- Assists in the preparation of a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit’s procedures.
- Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about Merit and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
- Participates as a member of the Merit sales team to improve Merit’s ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travels by car, airplane, bus, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
- Performs a variety of other sales related duties, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
- Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization goals.
- Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales information.
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
- Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- One year of direct sales experience.
- New client establishment/existing account maintenance
- Product demonstration
- Customer service
- Customized drawing preparation
- Pricing contract preparation/submittal
- Problem solving
- Product pricing decision making
- Sales reports
- Product knowledge
- Goal setting/achievement
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V