Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for providing customers with service and support. Scheduled shift is either Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM or 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Answers incoming calls promptly to place orders and address customer inquiries.
- Enters fax, email, EDI and phone orders.
- Responsible for understanding and resolving customer issues.
- Performs customer account maintenance such as entering new customer accounts, changing/updating existing customer addresses and ensuring that all facets of customer information is accurate and present.
- Tracks product shipments upon customer request.
- Coordinates sales related activities and customer requests with supporting departments.
- Responds to requests concerning literature and product samples for internal personnel.
- Assists with trade show shipments and gathering various materials.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma and one year of previous customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills and the ability to resolve customer problems efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under strict time constraints to meet the demands of customers and management.
- Very detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Computer skills
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Return product process
- Product knowledge
- Shipping processes
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V