Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES*
Performs routine and complex technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines. The engineer in this position will assist Merit Medical Systems to design and develop new piezoresistive pressure sensors for different applications in the medical device, automotive and industrial industries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Investigates a moderate number of technical variables in completing assignments that have clear and defined objectives.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Works independently on standard projects while assistance is furnished on unusual problems.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- May supervise the work of engineers/technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
- Performs work of some higher technical level for continuing training purposes.
- Works on special projects, writes ECNs, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry and three years previous related experience
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database, and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Scientific techniques/evaluation/selection/application
- Scientific variable analysis
- Supervisory assistance
- Special projects/ECN’s/prototype creation
- Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
*Must be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. You must have received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccination by your first day of employment, and for two-dose COVID-19 vaccines, you must receive your second dose within thirty days of your first day of employment. Merit will consider exemption requests in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V