Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position assists in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting extruders, blenders, cutters, pullers, water baths, and various extrusion equipment. Operations are performed per written SOPs, including CGMP guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Assists in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting extruders, blenders, cutters, pullers, water baths, and various extrusion equipment.
- Process various documentation, such as work orders.
- Assists in the implementation of new products and equipment.
- Contributes to meeting department goals and operational metrics.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and one year of related experience.
- Knowledge of the operation of extruders, braiders, pullers, cutters, dies, etc.
- Individual must be self-motivated and possess good judgment in order to maintain a high degree of quantity with quality.
- Ability to recognize problems and make adjustments to the equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks well.
- Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations and follow procedures.
- Eye-hand coordination
- Quality inspection
- Computerized test equipment operation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V