Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for pulling parts and supplies from the warehouse which are needed for production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Obtains parts from the warehouse for use in production and verifies the part’s lot number to ensure that the proper materials are used.
- Pulls supplies for assembly workers and ensures that supplies are stocked and readily available for assembly workers.
- Prints inventory labels and puts the parts in production bins for easy handling by the production workers.
- Visually checks to ensure that production workers have the products they need.
- Records the amounts of pulled products.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned machines and areas.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Three months of work experience.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and the ability to apply it in a work situation.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Three months of previous warehouse experience.
- Production part retrieval/lot number verification
- Material flow/handling
- Raw materials
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that do not require exposure.