Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of medical assembly and processing tasks as a production team member, including performing various technical assembly tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- May include but not limited to performing one or more processes within quality specifications while visually monitoring the machines/equipment used to ensure proper function.
- Ability to rotate through the assembly line, performing all production assembly operations.
- Performs on-line and in-process visual inspection of products to ensure it meets specifications per work order and procedure instructions.
- Assists Team Leader and Technicians with product and/or machine change-overs.
- Operates equipment at or above reasonable expectancy levels.
- Ensures product assembled meets quality standards.
- Rejects product outside of specifications.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- May operate a variety of testing equipment required for periodic product and process testing.
- Working overtime may be required for this position.
- Performs other related assembly and processing tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school diploma or certificate of leaving (Ireland).
- Three months of assembly experience required.
- Capable of rotating through and performing all tasks on the assembly line including technical tasks requiring precise motor skills.
- Ability to visually check work performed and identify whether a product has been assembled correctly.
- Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive tasks.
- Attentiveness in performing tasks.
- Ability to provide new process suggestions
- Ability to work as a team member in assembling sterile medical products.
- Ability to meet line rate expectations.
- At the Corporate site, if the position is on a Spanish-language line, it is preferred that the individual be Spanish speaking or bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Medical product assembly/machine monitoring
- Quality specifications/inspection
- Equipment/machine operation
- Manual dexterity
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that do not require exposure.