Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for operating tractor trailer truck in accordance with DOT regulations and company policies. Safely transports cargo to and from specified destinations. Performs routine maintenance on tractor trailer and contacts management when repairs and scheduled maintenance are required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Operates tractor trailer truck to transport cargo to and from specified destinations.
* Verifies shipping documentation is accurate and matches the loaded product.
* May be required to load/unload cargo.
* Ensures loaded product is secured by strapping to maintain load integrity, minimizing shifting and damage.
* Ensures needed repairs or maintenance issues are documented and management is notified promptly.
* Performs minor emergency road service.
* Maintains safe mobile telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
* Maintains logs and records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
* Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education equivalent to a High School Diploma with five years of current verifiable truck operating experience.
* Must hold valid CDL driver’s license.
* Knowledge of routine vehicle maintenance procedures.
* Good organizational skills.
* Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or more than one driving ticket in the past three years.
* Meet the DOT and FMCSR requirements.
* Forklift experience preferred.
* Per Department of Transportation regulations you must be at least 21 years of age.
* Tractor trailer truck driving
* Routine truck maintenance/maintenance logs
* LTL shipment delivery
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V