Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Summary Of Duties
Provides direction and follows through in the material’s process, which can be Material Handling, Label Control, Inventory Control or Shipping & Receiving. Performs any of a variety of warehousing tasks as a material team member. Supports the team coordinator by providing direction and follow through in the warehousing process in their absence, or under their direction, performs specialized leadership tasks to accomplish the mission of the material’s team.
Essential Functions Performed
- May perform inventory control functions such as cycle counts, adjustments to inventory, etc.
- May perform label control functions such as maintaining and pulling inventory and printing labels, etc.
- May perform material handling functions such as obtaining parts from the warehouse for use in the production area and verifies part lot numbers.
- May perform shipping functions such as picking, packing, and shipping finished goods for customer orders.
- May perform receiving functions such as receiving goods and storing them in the appropriate warehouse location.
- May operate forklifts, order pickers and other warehouse equipment.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
Team Coordinator Support Functions
Under the Direction of the Team Coordinator – Provides Merit with support for the material’s process by:
- Establishing and evaluating work priorities to ensure the proper and efficient completion of assignments and processes.
- Correlating with team members and other coordinators.
- Training team members regarding job responsibilities.
- May assist with new employee interviews.
- Coordinates work schedules.
- Coordinates with supervisory staff and employees from other work areas to solve problems and achieve production goals.
- Participates in solving problems and utilizing subordinates to achieve results.
- Supports team processes, team meetings, and data collection to management.
- May problem solve cleanroom issues by locating work orders and parts and responding to paper work questions or concerns.
- May verify pick lists, lot number and material inventory counts.
- May notify Planning, Purchasing and Production of material shortages and respond to adjustments in production schedules.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma or certificate of leaving. College education preferred.
- A minimum ofone yearof related experience such as work order control procedures or warehouse shipping or receiving.
Demonstrates The Following
- Interpersonal skills, ability to delegate and work well as part of a team.
- Train and motivate workers in the development of team performance.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Basic reading, writing, and comprehension English skills.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical equations.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Work prioritization
- Team problem solving/team work
- Materials processes/standards
- Computer skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V