Website Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
Therapy dogs are becoming air travelers’ best friends! These wonderful (and furry!) volunteers help take the stress out of air travel through a big hug, belly rub, head scratch, or paw five.
- As a member of the Gateway AVIATORS C.A.R.E. (Canines Around Relaxing Everyone) Team, handlers and their dogs will roam the passenger terminal during periods of peak flight activity to help de-stress and relax passengers.
- In addition, handlers are trained and able to assist passengers with airport questions and directions. C.A.R.E.
- Team members and their dogs are asked to volunteer at least two hours a week.
- Handlers are provided with a shirt and their dog is provided with a C.A.R.E. Team therapy dog vest.
- Dogs must be at least 2 years old, in good health, and have all vaccinations up to date
- The handler and their dog must be registered with a nationally accredited therapy dog organization, such as the Alliance for Therapy Dogs, and be able to provide a copy of their organization’s insurance.
- Handler’s must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment and a Criminal History Records Check to obtain an Airport Security Badge.
Company: Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A